Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Friendship

During one of my journeys to Nepal, I was lucky enough at some point to have a Sherpa friend recount this ancient Himalayan proverb to me:


"A friend is one to whom one may pour out all the contents of one's heart, chaff and grain together..... knowing that the gentlest of hands will take and sift it, keeping what is worth keeping and with a breath of kindness blow the rest away."



I want to take the time now to acknowledge and honor the unique and incredibly wonderful friendship that I have with Chad Michael Peters. He truly has blown away the "chaff and grain together" and encouraged me tirelessly to hit my stride with The Himalayan Project. His multi-faceted and versatile talents sometimes take my breath away and with his brush of creative genius energized, he joined me in "birthing" this blog. After traveling to Nepal with me for the last 3 years he really understands deeply the work of The Himalayan Project. And so with deep respect and gratitude, I thank you dear friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment